Saturday, April 11, 2020

The Way We Live Now--Total Embarrassment


So our favorite Italian restaurant is closed but is still doing pick up orders and delivery. The owner announced on Instagram that in addition to their normal menu, they had select grocery items and toilet paper for .99 cents a roll. Of course, toilet paper has been the most coveted item in the crisis so far, and even though we did have some in the closet, we were worried it would not be enough. When I called to place my delivery food order, I also had to ask if they still had toilet paper available.  My conversation went like this:  "I will have a large pizza, spaghetti and meatballs, and six rolls of toilet paper."


My voice went up at the end of that sentence as if I were asking a question. I don't know why, but I was incredibly embarrassed to ask for this with the food. I mean, I turned red on the phone. I actually had to work up the nerve to call and order. Here I was, barely summoning the courage to order food with a side of toilet paper. Total embarrassment.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know who is commenting. Therefore, please use the selections below to identify yourself. Anonymous is so impersonal. If you do not have a blog or Google account, use the Name/URL selection. Thanks.